In our trad climbing course, we learn how to move safely and efficiently on traditional multi-pitch routes. From securing yourself, building a belay, planning and various problem-solving skills, you will learn everything you need to climb in this terrain. The mountains of the Pyrenees offer an ideal terrain to learn the different techniques.
We cover the following topics during our climbing course:
- Placing gear like friends and nuts and how to trust them
- Aid climbing - overcoming crux sections
- Building a belay with mobile protection
- Half rope technique
- Scrambling on easy terrain
- Way finding, planning and weather
Safe lead climbing on rock in grade 7 (UIAA) or 6b (French)
Abseiling with prusik
Backpack (20 - 30 liters), climbing shoes, suitable approach shoes, rain jacket, warm clothing, sunscreen, water bottle, headlamp
Arrival takes place on Saturday. We drive together from Barcelona airport to Benasque on Saturday late afternoon. The climbing week runs from Sunday to Saturday. Departure is on Sunday, and we will drive back to Barcelona together in the morning.
The course takes place in Valle de Benasque. An ideal starting point for alpine climbing and climbing with mobile protection.
Arrival - Meet at Barcelona Airport at 5 p.m
Drive to Benasque (3.5 hours)
- Getting to know the group
- Basic knowledge of placing friends and nuts
- Aid climbing - conveying confidence
- Half rope technique
- Building a belay
- First easy trad routes
- Scrambling in easy terrain and be safe
- Rescue techniques
- Change of area - We climb in the neighboring valley (different rock, different landscape)
- Final route - The best comes last. We climb a longer trad route.
- Climbing an alpine rocky ridge or a multi-pitch
- Departure in the morning - drive to Barcelona (3.5 hours)
Trad climbing -course
Book now your spot for our trad climbing course.
- You get as much coaching as you want. By the end of the course, there should be no questions left unanswered. We want you to be confident in what you have learned here with us.
- Climbing Siurana provides you with all the climbing equipment you need for the course(harness, helmets, ropes etc.), except for climbing shoes.
- All the transportation cost from the airport Barcelona to the accommodation and to the rock is included.
- We will take nice climbing pictures of you and the group. By the end of the course, you can take these with you as a souvenir.
- Accident insurance for the activity
- Your costs for the travel to Barcelona are not included.
- The accommodation is not included and has to be paid separately. We will rent an apartment together, and you should count with around 30€ per night for the accommodation.
- You have to bring your own climbing shoes.
- Food is not included in the price. We will shop and cook together in the apartment.
Single person - 750€
Early booking discount - up to 90 days before the camp starts - 700€