In case you already climbed once or more often in the gym or outdoors, this is the course for you. In one week you will learn everything from correct belaying, rope techniques and lead climbing. We will explain to you in detail the differences between indoor and outdoor climbing so in the future you can go outdoor climbing on your own and with big confidence.
The goal of this course is that you will be able to leadclimb safely on the rocks and in the gym.
If you have never climbed before than maybe our Climbingday in Siurana is a good choice for you.
Find the perfect accommodation for you!
- You get as much coaching as you want. By the end of the course there should be no questions left unanswered. We want you to be confident in what you have learned here with us.
- Climbing Siurana provides you with all the climbing equipment you need for the course(harness, helmets, ropes etc.), except for climbing shoes. Shoes can be rented in the local climbing shop for 4 € a day.
- All the transportation cost from the accommodation to the rock and back is included. Furthermore we offer a free shuttle transfer from Reus or Tarragona to Siurana when you arrive and when you leave.
- We will make nice climbing pictures of you and the group. By the end of the course you can take these with you as a souvenir.
- Your costs for the travel are not included. But we offer a shuttle service from Barcelona Airport to Siurana for additional 60 €
- The accommodation is not included. However you have the chance to book it additionally. You can choose between cheaper options like camping and more expensive options like an appartement.
- You have to bring your own Climbing shoes or rent them here for 4€ a day.
- Food is not included in the price. There is the option to go shopping together on your arrival day. There are many shops and restaurant in Cornudella de Montsant and Siurana where you can get your meals.
- Welcoming of the group and introduction of the climbing area Siurana
- getting to know the equipment and building up trust
- learning the difference between the gym and outdoor
- introduction into belaying a leadclimber
- climbing in top rope
- judging of the rock and how to choose the perfect route for you
- introduction into climbing on lead with different exercises
- rope guidance and correct clipping
- theme of the day: climbing and falling
- dynamic belaying
- how to fall safely
- falling exercises
- advanced rope techniques
- rappelling down
- how to tie up a belay device
- repetition of the techniques
- examination of the content by the climbing coach
Booking - Course
Reserve now a place in this course
The course was absolutely fantastic! Marten is the best climbing instructor I've ever had: he was very patient, friendly and demanding at the same time. We were 4 participants and I was the less experienced one but Marten knew how to adjust to my needs, progressively building up from my starting point. I never felt left behind and I improved a lot within a week. The course is an excellent combination of theory and practice, very good to consolidate your climbing tecnique both on lead and top rock. You also get to see a lot of different places. Marten is a lovely person!Aina Marti
We joined the Christmas Climbing week 2019 “From the gym to the rock“. We were in a nice group of 4 participants with different level and knowledge of climbing. Marten, our guide, took enough time for each of us to explain and dealt individually with our requirements and preferences. We felt very secure during the hole time and in each situation. We would any time climb again with him.Paul Soos
It was awesome. Perfect weather and beautiful views. Patient and humorous instruction that was targeted to our level and made sure we would learn to lead climb safely.Gitta Zomorodi
I took the "from the gym to the rock" class in order to be able to start climbing outside after a few years wearing out my finger tips in plastic made boulders. The outcome was utterly positive I gotta say, thanks to Marten, who taught me everything I needed to know in order to enjoy climbing in the great outsides. This course will probably remain as a turning point in my climbing life, it really opened a whole range of new possibilities for me. Last but not least, Marten is a considerate, attentive, patient and adaptable teacher, and some of the very personal advice he gave me will be my philosophical top-ropes for the years to come. I therefore highly recommend taking this week of climbing with him if you are in the same situation I was in. Merci c'était parfait!Alexandre Dubois
Marten is an excellent climber and even better trainer. He has a keen eye for dweak spots and offers an individual approach to correct them. His strong focus on safety impressed me. Most of all, he obviously enjoys teaching and climbing and is super stoked. I absolutely enjoyed the course on perfect rock in Siurana and Margalef.Basti Müller
I’m still psyched for the week I just spent in Siurana being coached by Marten of climbing Siurana. My goal was improving my technique as a climber e push my limits a bit further. Marten is very competent as a climber and instructor and skilled in understanding the areas where his client should and could improve. Not only Marten chose the perfect routes to work on the technique and test my capabilities, but also he taught many excercises to keep training with a better awareness once back at home. If you like climbing, wanna be a better climber...and most important, have fun in a workd class climbing area with very approachable and and easy going climbing guides who know what they are talking about, I strongly recomend you Climbing Siurana. For sure I’ll be backAndrea Gattei