What is the women only climbing camp all about?
Inclusion and support - Some women may feel less confident or unsafe in mixed climbing groups. Women's climbing courses create a supportive and welcoming environment where women are able to develop without pressure.
Individual needs - Women can have different physical and technical needs in climbing. Classes specifically tailored to women can address these needs and provide targeted instruction and exercises.
Mentorship and role models - Women's climbing camps allow women to learn from and identify with female climbing experts. This can help create climbing role models and increase confidence.
Community Building - Women Only Climbing Camps promote building a strong community of female climbers where experiences and knowledge can be shared. This can increase motivation and promote long-term commitment to climbing.
Climbing Guide, Yoga teacher
My goal is to bring each participant one step closer to their potential. Not only to improve herself, but also so that she can feel more ease and fun in what she does. My role in the women only climbing camp is to create a space where every person can feel safe and cared for. I will accompany the camp with my calm and patient nature, as well as my technical knowledge and my understanding of psychology.
My experience tells me that in society we struggle with structures and roles that are often subconscious. For many women it means that we find it difficult to recognize our needs and even more so to make them a priority. It can also happen that we interpret our insecurities as weaknesses and therefore don't want to show them. When our role models are female, we can identify with them better and thus increase our self-confidence and belief in our own abilities. In the same way, we reinforce each other in a women's group.
To enjoy this Climbing Camp, you should be able to lead climb and belay by yourself. This is no beginner course.
The first thing we do is conduct a strengths and weaknesses analysis. This way, we get to know you better as a climber and can create a plan to coach you in the best possible way in the coming days. During this climbing camp we will also focus more on mental training and try to introduce you to various methods such as visualization, positive self-talk, breath control and accepting mistakes. We will also show you strength and stabilization exercises with which you can strengthen your body and correct imbalances.
The duration of this climbing week is 5 days. The arrival day is Sunday, and we will be happy to pick you up in Tarragona in the afternoon/evening. From there we go to the accommodation in Ulldemolins. On Monday and Tuesday we go climbing and cover various subject areas. From onsight climbing to fall training, we go through all the possible ways you can improve your climbing skills. We always plan an active rest day for Wednesday, where we focus more on strategies for regeneration and injury prevention. We also offer a yoga class for the participants.
On Thursday and Friday we will climb again in Siurana or Margalef and try to show you further opportunities for improvement and show you specific exercises to combat your weaknesses.
Saturday is departure day, and we will take you back to Tarragona in the morning.
On average we climb between 6 and 7 hours a day.
Booking - Climbing camp
Book your spot into this climbing course
- You get as much coaching as you want. By the end of the course, there should be no questions left unanswered. We want you to be confident in what you have learned here with us.
- Climbing Siurana provides you with all the climbing equipment you need for the course(harness, helmets, ropes etc.), except for climbing shoes.
- All the transportation cost from the accommodation to the rock and back is included. Furthermore, we offer a free shuttle transfer from Reus or Tarragona to Siurana when you arrive and when you leave.
- We will take nice climbing pictures of you and the group. By the end of the course, you can take these with you as a souvenir.
- Your costs for the travel are not included. If you don't know how to get to Siurana and how we can help you, check our site How to get to Siurana
- The accommodation is not included. However, you have the chance to book it additionally. You can choose between cheaper options like camping and more expensive options like an apartment.
- You have to bring your own climbing shoes.
- Food is not included in the price. There is the option to go shopping together on your arrival day. There are many shops and restaurant in Cornudella de Montsant and Siurana where you can get your meals.
Dates - When does the climbing camp take place?
We offer this camp many times per year and always from Monday to Friday. In our calendar, you can see the upcoming dates.
Single person - 490€
Two or more people- 450€
Early booking discount- If you book up to 90 days before the camp starts- 425€
List of material you should bring:
- climbing shoes
- chalk bag
- warm clothes (depending on the season)
- rain jacket
- approach shoes
- climbing backpack (20liter)
- water bottle
- sun cream