This climbing camp is an organized climbing trip, where we visit together the multipitch climbing destination of Montserrat (Spain). We pick you up at the airport in Barcelona, drive together to Monserrat and climb for 4 days with you. As certified climbing guides we help you with planning and choosing the right route, bring you up to date with your multipitch skills and climb with you and the group during all the days. We plan to do a rest day in the middle of the week when we will practice rope rescue skills, go for a hike or just relax. The group will stay together in an apartment just next to the mountains of Monserrat.
These are the skills you should bring for this trip:
- You have already taken a multipitch course or bring experience in multipitch climbing. If you need a multipitch course, take a look over here: Multipitch Climbingcamp Siurana
- Rappelling, building anchors and belaying a second should be known.
- To enjoy the routes in Montserrat you should be able to climb 6a (french) routes. If you look for a trip with more demanding routes, check out our trip to Riglos
Backpack for multi-pitch climbs (10-20 liters), comfortable climbing shoes, suitable approach shoes, chalk bag, rain jacket, warm clothing, sunscreen, water bottle, headlamp
Specific - (If available, if not, it can also be borrowed)
- Climbing harness
- helmet belay device (Reverso or Mega/Giga Jul)
- Screwgate carabiner
- Petzl Connect Adjust lanyard
- belay gloves
- The arrival takes place on Sunday, and we will pick you up from Barcelona airport at 7 p.m. Saturday is departure day, and we will bring you back at 8 in the morning. The drive takes approx. half an hour. The climbing week runs from Monday to Friday, and we plan a rest day on Wednesday. Of course, we will be happy to help you organize your arrival and departure.
- Pick up in Barcelona - El Prat at Terminal 1 at 7 pm
- Drive to Montserrat
- Getting to know the group
- Refresh knowledge and bring everyone up to date
- Climbing a first multipitch
- In the evening, planning for Tuesday
- Climbing a route up to 7 SL
- Rest day - possibly hiking, shopping etc.
- Half day we practice rope rescue techniques
Thursday and Friday:
- Climb, climb and...have fun 🙂
- Return to Barcelona
Book now your climbingtrip to Montserrat.
Single person: €590
Early booking discount 10%: €530 (booking up to 90 days before the trip starts)
The accommodation has to be paid separately and will cost about €30 a night extra for 6 nights
- As much coaching as you need
- Climbing Siurana provides you with ropes and quick draws, but you should bring the gear listed above. If you don't have the necessary gear, we can organize it for you.
- The transport from Barcelona airport to Montserrat and back is included.
- We will take nice climbing pictures of you and the group. By the end of the course, you can take these with you as a souvenir.
- An accident insurance is included in the trip. Exact conditions can be provided by us.
- We organize the accommodation, but for legal reasons you have to pay for it yourself. The price for 6 nights is around 200€.
- The travel costs to Barcelona are not included in the price.
- You have to bring your own climbing shoes
- Each course participant must pay for their own meals. We can go out to eat in Montserrat or cook together.
- You must bring the materials listed under “Required Material” with you yourself or inform us before so we can organize it for you